Tuesday, October 13, 2015

#GOALS

Yep, I'm a hashtag girl. The #feralredhorse and I have lots of things to work on now that fall is upon us and show season has officially ended.

Here's my wishlist:

1. Confirmed walk-canter transition, both leads. 
2. Flying lead changes
3. 3 speeds within each gait - we have 2 at the trot, and are just now discovering two at the canter...
4. Fix issue where Bailey likes to bury herself at the base of the fence. 
5. As always, my strength, position, annoying need to over release/jump ahead, inability to stay back where I need too... etc.

Basically I have a lot to do before we thaw out next spring, and I really aim to do it. Because once we thaw out, Bailey needs to go out on every XC course I can find locally. She needs to jump the solid fences and the XC questions until she is confident. 

Bailey really loves going to the base, as you can see here: 


  

So that's really something we need to work on. Not all XC fences are that friendly!

I'm getting lucky, too, because my favorite local XC course has TWO schooling shows next year. And two dressage shows. Plus the usual line up, which includes super reasonable schooling fees. I need to start saving now, because I'd like a nice nest egg to spend on developing my horse next spring-summer-fall.

Here's the plan for next spring, in an extremely preliminary form:

May 7 - Roebkes Schooling Show, BN

May 21-22 Otter Creek Spring HT, BN

June 5 - Carriage House Combined, BN and N (Dressage and SJ only)

*June 25 - RRHT Dressage Show*

July 8-10 - Roebke's Run HT

August 12-14 - Otter Creek Summer HT

September 3-4 - Roebkes Dressage and Schooling Show, BN

September 16-18 - Otter Creek Fall HT

I may scratch both dressage shows depending on fees, but I definitely want to do what's highlighted. Its hard to know where we will be next spring, but I'm looking forward to more time on XC, and getting more confidence under our belts!




No comments:

Post a Comment