Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Exciting Stuff

I'm in a bit of a holding pattern; waiting for it to turn to winter, already, waiting on a very important/exciting package (which was apparently shipped via covered wagon...) and waiting on myself to be motivated.

Last week, I rode both horses in the AP saddle on Halloween; I had to stop and drop my board check anyways, so I hopped on both horses and had a quick ride. And I don't hate it. So I'm content, for now, with keeping it. I might have straight billets put on it eventually, but it really could do both jobs for me should I need it. In the mean time, it fits Fox well and it's comfortable, so now I just have to figure out how to break it in enough that the damn  thing stops squeaking, because that is the worst.

Squeaky. Plus dirty mirror, valentines day style clashing outfit and Fox, who was Over It.

Wednesday was a blah ride in a dressage saddle I couldn't get happy with; even with very limited actual riding, Bailey seemed back sore after and I was just crabby and discontented with the whole day. I changed the blocks out, I changed arenas... and still felt off balance and ineffective. The upside? I broke the husband down with my childish-but-at-the-time-justified pouting and he agreed to let me purchase the saddle I had come across online which I am hoping is the solution to all of my problems.

Not as much of a unicorn as I thought


This brings us to last weekend, which I was motivated enough to put into numbers for ya'all


10: Technically 16, but the number of photos I took at the barn on Sunday, because it was 71 degrees on November 6th and I couldn't resist standing out in the girls' paddock loving their sleepy selves up.


9: The number of times I decided, mid-ride, that I hate riding in half chaps and paddock boots. Seriously why do my half chaps suck?? Do they make half chaps that don't suck?

8: The number of hours I spent doing horse related activities this weekend. This included trailering a friend's horse to the vet, riding my two (she helped) and then driving out to ride Bailey and re-blanket the beasts on Sunday in preparation for the cooler weather this week.

7: Approximate number of times I checked my email before I finally got invoiced on Paypal for my new-to-me saddle. I might be checking my email every hour today waiting for the tracking number to show up. Don't worry, I will post about said saddle when it arrives!


Hint: what's black and brown and my most favorite obsession?


6: Approximate number of times my husband tried to make me feel guilty and do things because we bought another saddle. Also the number of times that I indicated that I wasn't the least bit sorry.

5: The number of pieces of chocolate it took to make me feel human after such a long day on Saturday.

4: Approximate number of times I felt like we were in intensely questionable driving situations while taking J's horse to the vet. No one died, but we did drive without lights for a little while. Clearly I need to remember to figure out why  that connection never stays connected.

3: The number of rides I got in this weekend. Bailey and Foxie both got ridden on Saturday (equally dreamy weather) and Bailey again on Sunday.



2: The number of people I whined to before I could justify not taking my newly-for-sale dressage saddle to the tack swap this weekend. I don't regret this decision, because I'm super lazy and super protective of my tack.

1: The number of times I wished I could be going on a glorious fall trail ride, but then remembered it's deer season and I don't want to die.

(Oh, and exciting update: guess what got transferred from a covered wagon to a jet plane and is going to be delivered. TODAY. Hearteyesemoji).


No comments:

Post a Comment