Thursday, September 5, 2013

Long Time, No Post

Well, Blogisphere, things got busy. In the span between my last post, I completed my final semester at St. Olaf College, graduated, found a job and, most excitingly, brought home a second horse (you'll meet her in the next post, promise!).

Time slips away, and I've lost a lot of the time I used to maintain and write both on this blog and on my horse care blog, Keep Calm Horsecare. I feel like, a lot of the time, I'm living two separate lives - one at work, and one in the saddle. While I'm not working my dream job I'm able to make ends meet and most importantly, keep doing what I love.

I'm working hard to maintain balance in my life, so today I'm updating a blog from work. Naughty me :)

My workplace believes in a work/life balance - part of the reason I was willing to take a job that wasn't a perfect fit for what I wanted to do with my life. While evening comes too quickly, I'm slowly learning to balance keeping two horses in work and happy. It' a game of wins and losses - it is, at times, incredibly frustrating but the moment I swing my leg over the saddle, I know I'm making the right choice.

So I'll make this soliloquy a short one and get on to more exciting things.

Watch this space!
Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment