Monday, December 19, 2016

Monday Catch Up

One day I'll get on the rockin year recap post train... Until then, here's what's been going on in #feralredhorse world.  It was really cold the last week, and it was so cold yesterday that the horses got left inside. I stepped away to see if I could find Foxie some more hay and heard a crash:



I walked back around the corner to find the above piglet, being a pig. Before it got way too cold to function, I also rode my horses (Wednesday). I lunged them before, because they just stand around outside and don't move, so we end up with shenanigans as they stretch and play. Bailey turned it up a notch, though:

My horse is such a special animal, guys.

On the holidays front, I appear to be drowning my bored winter sorrows in horse stuff. While I still need to pick up the faux Micklem I'm getting in trade from a friend, I've been making up for the lack of it by buying other stuff. I got a new bit (14 mm is really different from 16 mm, guys. Totally) and some FANTASTIC new breeches in the mail from Smartpak recently, thanks in part to Amanda from Bel Joeor since I won an amazing gift card from her clipping contest. I got the Smartpak Piper with Silicone full seat, and guys... I love them. Review to come once I've ridden in them, but I spent an evening prancing around in them because they fit like a glove and that's amazing in of itself.

Other than the bit and breeches, I also finally jumped on the #BLING train around Black Friday thanks to Amelia and Dark Jewel Designs. She's been amazingly patient as I tried to figure out what I want, and I can't WAIT to get my lovely browbands in the mail:

LOOK AT THESE BEAUTIFUL THINGS

I already have more plans in the works for a black/brown pearl strand to match my Visions, and will probably reprise a few of the other red/green designs, because I can't get enough of the Christmas colors. I know I'm getting some very special horsey gifts from my family, as well, and it makes me so very happy. I already have neglected to mention my birthday presents from my wonderful hubby, my beloved Ariat Braemar boots (I know, I need to review them...), OneK Skull Cap (reviewed!) and Centaur Fox boot bag. He clearly knows the way to my heart.

Tonight, because the world has made a climb back above 0, I plan to ride both mares. I might jump Bailey again, depending on how windy the walk to the upper barn is. Otherwise, I got my Vision Dressage back from the fitter friend who did a lot of flocking work, and I'm interested to see how much she could do with it. Warmer temps mean  that I might actually get some photos and video to break up my wall of text posts, too! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so excited to get my browbands! They keep showing up on her social media and it makes me happy :D

      Delete