Thursday, June 7, 2018

Attempted Organization Try.... who knows

I've been super busy the last few weeks; we've had grueling heat, tons of rain, a broken tractor, endless lawn to mow...

Memorial day weekend we did fence posts in humid, nineties weather. We had a gas powered auger for the corner posts and a gas powered T post driver, and the work would have gone super quickly except it was stupid, intense hot. I've been trying to clean up and catch up all this week, and discovered a rather annoying hole in my organization scheme;

My med kit is a hot freaking mess.

Admittedly I just threw everything in bins and tried to bring in the freezeable stuff before it froze last fall. And my med kit got savaged by Foxie's and then Arya's injuries, and I didn't really have any interest in organizing once we put Foxie down. So it's badly in need of some organization.

Currently, I have bins with a bunch of stuff standing up or laying on it's side, but nothing has a place, and I have to dig to find shit, which means that generally I don't put the top back on until later and things get lost or dirty or whatever.

So my "organization" is really like... putting a table cloth over a bear to hide it. It's out of sight but still kind of a big deal.

So, brilliant internet friends, how do you organize your med kit and store it? I consider standing wraps to be a part of my med kit most of the time, so I'm hoping I can find some storage that will, at least, hold a set of four and some standing wraps, but I can keep them in their bin (bins are fine for standing wraps)... help?




3 comments:

  1. I've seen some people have super nice organized med kits in toolboxes with removable trays? But I'm more like you, mine's all just tossed in willy nilly. Which bit me in the ass this week when I spent half an hour searching for (and not finding) my alushield, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge wooden cabinet on the wall in the aisle for my first aid kit and I put my wraps in a plastic tote in the tack room. Here, I even wrote a blog post about it last year haha! ;-)

    http://cloverledgefarm.blogspot.com/2017/07/whats-in-your-tack-room-first-aid-kit.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But before I had the cabinet, I used a large Stanley trunk and years before that I used a Stanley tool box thingy. They worked well too!

      https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-11-in-3-in-1-Detachable-Tool-Box-Mobile-Work-Center-STST18613/203367137?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-202300294-_-203367137-_-N

      Delete