Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What do you Wear? Wednesday

While I was once a skinny, fit little 16 year old version of myself... I think its time to really admit. I'm turning 26 this year, and while that's not old...  I'm not exactly as trim and cute as I once was.

My breech taste has evolved over the years; for many, many years I rocked pull on On Course Cotton Naturals, and I loved them. Dearly. VPL and all. I slowly began my transition over to the dark side with my first pair of full seat Kerrits winter breeches, and am now so heavily dependent on my full seats that I am looking at my long wearing, slimming Tuff Rider Ribbed breeches in angst when they're the only option left in my breeches drawer. Looking at the recent photos from the Dom clinic, however, I can tell a few things clearly;

I definitely have gained weight in the last year and a half

Tan breeches are NOT my color (the lighter they are, the worse it is)

And in addition to the muscle scarring in my thighs, I also have some other... stuff going on there. And it's not cute.

I was much skinnier when this was taken... and still think I look like a hippo.

So, I'm definitely in the market for some new breeches. Luckily, I have a tack store just down the road from the barn, and I need to get over there anyways to drop off some consignment saddles. I should be able to take advantage of their stock and try some options on, myself.

Real life questions: WHY CAN'T KERRITS MAKE A THICKER FABRIC'ED FULL SEAT?

My wish list seems relatively high for both schooling and show breeches. My favorite breeches at the moment are my Horze brand breeches, for all of their ugly fading and discoloring of the seat, but they aren't as grippy as I'd like when I'm in my jump tack. Of course, I could just buy ones that don't make me look like a hippo and invest in a few bottles of saddle tight, but I wish there was a golden goose out there with thick fabric, Kerrits gripstretch or griptek seat, ankles that don't make me want to die and comes in a nice dark tan, preferably with a black seat. I don't mind a clareno seat 99% of the time, but I really prefer the grip of the Kerrits for jumping, especially.

So, Readers - now that I've rambled for far too long on my #equestrianproblems... what do you wear? What are your favorite breeches, and why?

1 comment:

  1. My current favorite pair are my Kerrits IceFil tights. I totally thought that the whole IceFil thing was a load of crap, but I broke down and bought a pair on sale a few months ago and I absolutely love them - they really do help keep my legs cooler in the ridiculous Missouri summer heat. However, as you mentioned in your post, the fabric for Kerrits isn't super thick, and mine have already started to get a 'pilly' sort of feel to them in some places.
    I've heard really good things about Aztec Diamond, but I don't own a pair so I'm just going off of what some of the girls at the barn have said!

    ReplyDelete