Wednesday, July 30, 2014

16. Your most recent fall

Oh goodness. There is some frantic knocking on wood going on here.

My last fall was an emergency dismount off Bailey last fall. We have some issues (forward girth groove, baby horse non existent shoulders, enormous gaits, etc) that resulted in my saddle legit sliding up her neck at the canter. My saddle pad kicked out the back and whomped a baby butt on it's way to the ground, and suddenly we were going MUCH FASTER and I was almost sitting halfway up her neck so I bailed, and prayed for the safety of my saddle. Horse stopped near my mom on the rail, spooked when I got up and seemed kind of confused why she was getting re-tacked up.

(Product plug: shout out to thinline pads with their perfectly fitting shims and Tekna Pressure-EZE girths for fixing all my problems. Love those two products!)

And, for shits and giggles, here's a near miss my mom caught at the last Jane Braddock clinic we attended:




What a little shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment