Friday, February 13, 2015

Be My Valentine

So I am getting my rides in this week like a good girl!

Wednesday was miserable - SO WINDY OMG and pitch black, and freezing. I tacked the Bmonster up with her warmest quartersheet, which happens to be the one that is like a fleece lined turnout blanket - poor horse about had a heart attack walking out to the arena with it blowing EVERYWHERE like a giant scary garbage bag. I forgot to switch the lights on, too, so luckily le boyfriend was along (and armed with the steady bay mare mc foxiekins) and was able to get her to walk into the dark indoor with him to switch on the lights.

I threw Bails on the lunge and once again, a few back cracking bucks and much fancy prancercizing later, she seemed sane enough to ride. Drew spent that time jogging Foxie around in hand (adorable!) and then took over the line to lunge "his" horse. I'm very proud that he figured it out beautifully with an absolute lack of help from me and had some fun letting Foxie get some energy out. Bailey Kept It Together under saddle, and once again, I feel like an idiot because her spooking (random chunks of snow hitting the siding would spook anyone...) is controllable with inside leg to outside rein half halt to keep her straight. DUH.

I'm dumb.

We did some transitions again (which are improving) and I called it at that; I felt like her mental state was starting to unravel, and my fingers were frozen. After her lunge, Foxie got a lovely grooming (and probably a lot of treats) from le boyfriend. The only thing he hasn't gotten with horse handling is crossing blanket belly straps - which Foxie doesn't help by being a chunk.

Tonight I'm hoping that we can get in a jump school and I can put more glue on her blanket patches before it gets down into freezeville tomorrow. Ugh. My TSF girl comes tomorrow, and hopefully the temps recover on Sunday so I can go and try it out!

Until then, I'm off to draw up grids to jump tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment