Friday, October 28, 2016

Bel Joeor Blog Hop: Clipping!

This was our first clip, a version of the modified Irish.

The girls will be getting hair cuts again - and I say GIRLS because Fox is getting more work. Bailey will get clipped not because she turns into a yak... but because she sweats when she has to use her brain, which is a lot. Also, with the heated barn, I feel like they both may end up benefiting from a little extra... venting.

I haven't clipped them yet this year, because neither if them have enough hair yet, and the weather only started to get chilly in the last few weeks. The girls are wearing sheets already, but only because it's been cool and rainy. Foxie will probably keep hers on pretty consistently but Bailey's may come back off if the rain quits. I'm still worried about the heated barn and blanketing, but I think (for once) clipping will make things easier.

Here's what they have been rocking the past few years - I'm thinking Foxie will end up with a pretty low modified Irish (a la her first clip but keeping the shoulders), and Bailey will have a higher Irish clip or a trace clip. She hasn't grown a lot of hair, so I am pretty sure that taking her down on her neck and girth areas will be sufficient.



Foxie got a trace clip the next year with whimsical hips, because hips (and straight lines) are hard.


I have no good photos of Bailey's Irish, but this shows that I went pretty low on her neck...
And Pretty high at her girth.
I'm a pretty un-inventive clipper, but I haven't ever been able to think up butt bling that would actually look good - a TARDIS (for Bailey) or Fox Racing logo (the Fox) would be FAR outside my abilities, so I have generally stuck to what I know. I've done some clipping for friends (for pay) before, but because I am weird, I don't actually do my clipping with a real body clippers. Since I don't really do full clips on anyone, my little clippers seem to do just fine. They'll have it easy this year with one, maybe two modified Irish clips - unless I decide to do some clipping for $$$ again.



No comments:

Post a Comment