Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wednesday Whimsy: Things I'm thinking about instead of work

With the horse farm on the horizon, I am having a hard time focusing at work. My husband resents this because I'm not thinking about responsible adult things like moving boxes, home owners insurance and internet connections. Instead I'm thinking about pony things:

Like buying my own hay:


And the goofy long faces frolicking in pastures (because clearly I will somehow acquire the knowledge to maintain pastures and not kill my horses putting them out on grass by daydreaming...)


And clearly I will be busily trailering to lessons and jumping badass things and surely I will just have infinite free time to become an amazing rider. I'll be jumping monster jumps and teaching Bailey all of the dressage moves in no time.

Pictured: Not a monster jump, in the grand scheme of things


Right?


In the mean time, your advice / favorite corners of the internet / etc on hay feeding, hay feeders, pasture management and general horse keeping will be welcomed and obsessed over if you'd like to leave me any tidbits.



Image result for i have no idea what I'm doing gif

3 comments:

  1. These are exactly the kind of things I'm always thinking about when I look at acreages (which arena is nearby to trailer to? who is good hay supplier nearby etc?) so I feel you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My SO is actually pretty knowledgeable about pasture management - if you have any specific questions, it's possible that he could help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a tractor with 4wd and a LOADER...your future self will thank you, if your state has a cooperative extension office be sure to make use of it, they are extremely helpful with pasture management questions.

    ReplyDelete