Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Indoor Strugfest, 2015

It's not even December yet, and I am already bored to tears when forced to ride in the indoor. I don't care if I am riding in sleet, hail, etc, I WILL be riding outside this weekend. I can't stand the indoor anymore.

Wednesday's ride was great; I didn't ride Friday because we left for a wedding that morning and I didn't want to wake up early (I like sleeping in. Even though I didn't, and I woke the FH up and he was crabby because of it). The wedding was great, and I picked up riding on Monday. 

Drew lunged Foxie, who had a case of the I-wanna-buck zooms while Bailey was similarly unhinged. They are starting construction on a lounge (don't ask me; I don't want it) and the contractor placed some items in the doorway/corner of the arena presumably to keep them out of the weather. These items are clearly horse eating and Bailey lost her tiny little mind whenever she was asked to go near them. Walking eventually got ok past them, and trotting was tough but she eventually got her kimchee together about it, but the canter was a disaster.

The only saving grace of Monday's ride was that once Drew left with the zoomy Fox, I could ride in the middle and far side of the arena. I finally got some semi-normal canter and some great lateral work out of the #FeralRedHorse. She did some very nice leg yields that were, again, mostly straight and not tense in the base of her neck, and I got some great shoulder in at the trot. 

The struggles of the indoor arena are real, and really freaking frustrating, ya'all. Idiot horse kicked sand on the Scary Corner Stuff and then attempted to spook-rear-bolt away from it, and while I shut that down, my saddle moved forward like 4 freaking inches in the process. 

I think I should just move to Florida. 


I iz not crazy I iz cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment