Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday Worries

This Wednesday, I don't have a what do; I'm discovering that my "What Do" posts are generally... I'm worrying about something, lets ask blogland. I am a habitual worrier. My brain has a magical ability to fixate on things and not only can I imagine all the bad things that could possibly happen (honestly, I should probably write Final Destination movies, because I can imagine 10,000 ways to horrifically die most of the time) but they sit on my chest and make it hard to think about anything else.

Here are some spring flowers to break up the text... photos by me!


Here's a running list of my worries, as of late:

1. My horses will get ulcers from not getting enough hay, and wasting what they will get. I'm ignoring the fact that both appear to be dappling... it could happen. BAH. I've got a bunch of hay feeder links saved, and am debating asking if I can provide something (a net, a hay hoop, hell, a muck bucket) for staff to feed hay in.

2. Turn out halters will rub holes in my horses faces and not break when they need to. Foxie has a history of problems with halter rubs, so I have been looking into a beta-with-breakaway option for her. I think her problems stem from both weight and filth; while the new barn has a generally sandy footing, I still think she can gunk up a halter in no time. I could also get her one of the rope halters the barn uses (Do or Do Knot, a business run by one of the boarders) with a breakaway fuse. Either way, anxiety makes me want to spend money spastically before anything bad actually happens. Bailey hasn't worn a halter full time... ever? I don't think? And with her sitting back asshattery a few weeks ago (and the other time she sat back and was actually in a break away halter... and broke a brass buckle but not the fuse) I am worried she will kill herself trying to break a halter.

I'm talking about halters, so here's a nice picture of Foxie's show halter!

3. I can't decide if I need to replace helmets or not. I do want a new Tipperary Sportage for summer schooling (because mine is janky and SINKS) but... do I need a new skull cap? Should I just wear my CO and possibly pass out from overheating? Show and school in the same helmet? Do I buy a close out Tipperary Titan to replace my current one, or do I try on a CO skull cap and spend lots of money? This similar anxiety train also has lines to body protectorville, where I worry about needing to replace my XC armor.

4. While I'm pretty sure this one is all in my head, I'm worried my horses aren't getting their smartpaks, and Foxie isn't getting her pill. Or that they're getting eachother's smartpaks despite being labeled (Foxie is the BAY. I even put it on her stall card in case they couldn't tell from the photo of a horse that is obviously not BB).


Definitely not red. Though this halter is Bailey's, now. 

Do you worry more than you should? What do you do to quiet the demons?

No comments:

Post a Comment