Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Goals

I feel like my goals go to crap, and starting off the year with an oncoming cold spell is doing little to help my motivation. But alas, here we go:


No more giraffing on the center line, plz

Competition Goals:
- Have a strong (educational, learning from previous experience, improving, who cares about ribbons) year at BN
- Become member(s) of the USEA - this didn't make sense last year, but I'd like to have the membership and the magazines again. Area IV Adult Riders may be a thing, once I check if the clinics that they list (and offer 25$ paybacks for) are ones I would attend.
-  Continue to lower dressage scores.


BB: I spook when I am bored. And for fun. 

At Home Goals:
- Go on a trail ride with Bailey.
- Continue to work on ground manners, standing, lunging and other solid-citizen skills with the red horse.
- Ride or lunge Foxie once a week or more.
- Jump BB at least once a week, and jump creatively (arena XC, grids, mini courses, etc)
- School XC and trailer out for lessons more regularly / become more confident hauling the trailer.


Flat work is too hard, mom. Standing is better. 

In the Arena Goals: (for BB)
- Cement shoulder in, haunches in and leg yields at the walk and trot.
- Improve strength and consistency at the canter as reflected in collection / extension exercises. If she is strong enough, begin teaching flying changes.
- While the canter is brewing, work on prompt and correct simple changes.
- Insist on quality, forward work every time. No more head tossing / getting away with being a sassy pants / giving up. Pony needs to learn to try.

Some of these goals seem pretty lofty... but I guess I'll check in  after a few months and see how we're doing (seeing as I suck at blogging, this doesn't seem too lofty of a goal...)

Happy New Year, Guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment