Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Meet Arya

Well... I've been busy, though this blog certainly doesn't reflect it (or my absence perhaps speaks volumes)... but I did a thing, guys.

I bought an OTTB sight unseen from New Vocations.

She arrived in a whirlwind on a transport from Kentucky at about 1 AM last night, and has wowed me from the word go. She traveled halfway across the country in one day, came off the trailer wide eyed and bewildered, and after no more than 4 minutes of waffling, got on my trailer to come home with me in the pitch black night.

I couldn't believe it, either. She's FOUR. And super chill, and kind, and sensible.

Today, she continues to be kind and sensible and earnest. She comes when you cluck to her in the pasture, and despite being horribly shunned by the horse conglomeration formerly known as Foxie and Bailey (Bailey will charge and chase her whenever she can, asshole) she's hanging out in my pasture eating grass like she isn't alone in a new place.

More details to come; she has a planned vacation of a week to settle in (while I recover from some super badly placed and intensely painful sun burn) so we won't do much but hang out... but I'm already in love. And so far, changing her name hasn't been too weird; her race name just doesn't suit her, in my mind so it got changed in the stable, and I've already got a show name in mind... and yes it's vaguely related to Bailey's. Now if only they would get along!

Here are her glamour shots from NV:





6 comments:

  1. She's cuuuuute!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm pretty sure she's one of the ones that caught my eye when I was looking at their site a few weeks ago 0 she's stunning! (: Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally tried to adopt another mare, but she was marked "adopted" literally within 30 minutes of me getting approved to adopt. I didn't (and still kinda don't) love that white eye - because it's definitely a thing - but she's really a gem. I'm so impressed with New Vocations!

      Delete
    2. I am hoping to adopt from them once I have enough saved up to pay for the transportation to MO - really glad to hear that your experience with them was good (even though the other mare got snapped up so quickly!) I hope things go well with her!

      Delete