Friday, June 2, 2017

Surfacing

This week has been one for the books, and I don't know if I have the ability to tell all of it's stories well... but let's try.

Friday: We started the trenching project. And stopped fairly quickly because the rental trencher was NOT helpful and out of frustration, started to look for a pro to help us with the digging.

Saturday: Hubby built me jumps and worked on matting stalls. I almost got scammed into buying a feral donkey, but the feral donkey was so feral it escaped and after some reflection on the drive home with an empty trailer (read: sobbing while driving) an adult donkey isn't what I want, because someone else trained it and it might be an asshole. The new neighbors, however, talked me off the ledge of wanting nothing to do with donkey kind and got me in contact with their breeder.

One of these donkeys is actually Satan.

Scratch that, the Donkey's OWNER is actually Satan. 


Sunday: We went wheeling with the new neighbors and only almost died once. It was fun!.



Monday: Andrew spent the whole day sick and sacked out on the couch. I did similar, but I did ride my horse, too. She wasn't awful. I also put a deposit down on a soon-to-be-born donkey! The owner of the feral donkey decided to quit being a normal person and started threatening me and demanding money because I didn't  take her donkey, so she got blocked.

Tuesday: I nearly passed out in my boss' office and spent the day trying not to die. I ended it (feeling much better, but still plenty gross) by eating expensive steak at a work dinner and got home very late, and promptly went to bed under multiple blankets and a double folded down comforter.

Wednesday: I rode Bailey again, over fences! She remembered how to jump!




Thursday: Bailey got ridden again; she kind of remembers how to dressage but... honestly she almost rode better when I was wearing river boots and no spurs. I'm confused, but... ok.

Today's plans include more riding (because, show on Sunday) where we practice our test a bit and maybe lope over a few fences. I'll do a longer flat ride tomorrow, and then will be up bright and early to show on Sunday. There's plenty to be done before then!




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! (I am so behind responding to comments, but thank you for commenting, it makes my day)

      Delete