Thursday, August 3, 2017

Bridle Crazy: Help me style the new kid!

Between the handful of wonderful (Eponia) bridle reviews I've been seeing and everyone on my facebook getting something new - County saddles, fancy bridles, etc.... I want to spend money.

I know, I just stocked up on blankets, and I know I hardly ride lately. But BRIDLES, guys. Bridles are both functional and pretty, and Arya doesn't really have one of her own that doesn't make her look dowdy and boring.

I'd like to blatantly use any readers I have, though, because I can't decide what will look good on the new princess. Here she is modelling what I have put her in so far:

The Fake Micklem:



The Figure-8:


And the french noseband

(ok, this isn't my actual bridle, but mine is so similar. It's thin/no frills black with extremely subtle brown padding and it doesn't do a damn thing for her, promise.)


Honestly? I don't think I've found her look yet. Bailey looks magnificent in her weird anatomical bridles, and Foxie rocked the figure 8 like a boss. Arya doesn't have an inelegant head, in my opinion... but it's not quite what I've worked with before. So far she doesn't seem to have preferences at all; she needs a flash/figure-8/etc because she gapes. She is the most horse sized horse I own, so a lot of what I have doesn't fit her to begin with.

How would you dress this profile?


2 comments:

  1. Have you looked at the Nunn Finer bridles at all? They are very simple and elegant, I think they look great on TB heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a Nunn Finer for Spring's adorable TB face and it looks great on her!

    ReplyDelete