Tuesday, August 5, 2014

19. A discipline you would like to try

This is interesting - I have tried a lot of disciplines in the past, so I'll list them out as I think:

- Started off riding hunt seat style Arabians
- Moved to an Eventing barn, but never competed in a trial or anything
- Moved to a Hunters/Show Jumpers barn, never showed, but soaked up the perspective


I think the sport I would want to try is Fox Hunting - I've tried barrels and find western games to be a bit dull at best. I show jump, run XC (MY FAV) and do dessage (my favorite when I am in the mood...). I have never, however, gone hell for broke and jumped things out of stride for a portion of the day, I have never ridden with hounds... the whole sport has a culture that I find really interesting. I think Fox would have been an amazing hunter, but Bails has some work to do before she is trustworthy enough to even take to the fun trials. The sport is also, around here, quite cost prohibitive.


No comments:

Post a Comment