Friday, August 15, 2014

29. Favorite brands...boots, breeches, tops, helmets, etc

Ohhhh goodness I'm glad this came up on a Friday, because I have a lot of favorite brands, for both me and my girls.

For the girls:

Weatherbeeta blankets - especially the detatch-a-neck line: these blankets are worth their weight and high price because they fit my girls amazingly, last forever and have never leaked or left my horses shivering underneath. They also fit deep and are made with great workmanship, quality materials and great attention to detail.

WOOF Wear boots - While high-tech XC boots are all the rage these days, I like my reliable Woof Boots - they don't slide, they wear like iron and I can get them on and off with adrenalin-shaking fingers, which is good for everyone involved.

Courbette saddles and leather - I adore everything I own that is Courbette, and I am so, so sad that they are no longer in business. I have three Courbette saddles, a beautiful bridle that unfortunately doesn't fit Bailey, a breast collar and I think a few other pieces. The quality on every Courbette item I own is outstanding and the details and classic style have made me a monster. Like, I want a cob size bridle RIGHT NOW.

Back On Track - Especially for Foxie, I don't know if we could have gotten through last winter without or beloved Back on Track. The products also got me into Sore No More liniment and I LOVE both of the products. My girls have sensitive skin and I love the peace of mind using Sore No More over other liniments gives me. It also works fantastically with my Back on Track products, so I am a doubly happy camper.

For me:

Kerrits breeches. I love them. I have always loved pull on style breeches and love the Kerrits materials - especially the gripstretch full seats! It's great to have breeches you trust when riding a young horse, and I love not having to panic if I forget my saddle tight.

Thinsulate products - after nearly losing some toes last winter to the Polar Vortex, I became obsessed with Thinsulate equine products (and Columbia Omni Heat...). I own the Ariat Brossard winter boots with Thinsulate and the SSG Pro Show gloves, also with thinsulate. Wadding-style insulation just doesn't do it for me; call it poor circulation or bad judgement that I considered 0 degrees and above "riding weather" but I hate being cold, and I love those products for keeping me warm.

Tipperary products - I LOVE my XC vest and helmets. They make me happy, and it's so nice to have a helmet that fits and is super comfortable. I especially love my Titan, because I can SEE so much in it, which is great in gloomy indoor arenas or on the XC course. Plus, I love getting to have crazy red and green silks :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment