Friday, August 1, 2014

18. Your favorite horse show picture

I'm liking this challenge, because I really do believe that a picture is worth a thousand words. These pictures are from the two trials that taught me the most; I was competing without a trainer, and at one, was being snubbed for not stabling with the barn I boarded at and paying for training I wouldn't receive when it came down to it. These ribbons taught me that I can succeed, and that I have the tools to do that housed within myself.

Fox's first completed trial and first HT ribbon, back in fall of 2010:



VICTORY GALLOP!!


Foxie's last HT ribbon and last horse show, Summer 2011:


Though her career was short and started off with a lot of disappointment, she taught me everything I know and love about my sport. Ribbons feel really good, but a foot perfect show jumping round or making optimum on XC is the real victory. Bailey is the victory - the fact that because of Foxie, I could take her out to a 200 horse trial for her first show and get her around without being disqualified. 


No comments:

Post a Comment