Tuesday, April 12, 2016

And We're Back

My last blog here was back in December - it's been a busy few months! In truth, I tried to break up with blogger, and picked up a wordpress blog for a while to talk about my riding... but I am a blogger girl at heart, so here I am, again.

Since my last post:
  • Bailey's sanity came back to roost, or I grew a toolkit to make it, or something. Either way we're doing more riding than spooking these days (though she's still not 100%, its MUCH better). 
  • I rode the whole winter in my jump saddle, and somehow along the way decided my dressage saddle didn't actually fit the beast.
  • We saw a saddle fitter, who confirmed that my old dressage saddle doesn't fit (and is now aggressively for sale, because I've held on to it too long and I'm going to loose my nerve if I don't sell it soon) and made me nervous my Vision doesn't fit the horse either, but since it's not too bad, and Bailey has no issues, we will keep on keepin' on. 
  • It turns out that the Royan fits Bailey pretty much exactly how the fitter would have wanted a saddle to fit her... but the fitter wouldn't look at a foam paneled flex tree saddle so, her loss. 
  • We got a dog, and he's super cute and/or the second love of my life
Adorable small mugwump with his first bird
  • Oh, yeah, I got married... too. Ya know. NBD.
    I'm somebody's wife now, AHHH!
  • Oh, and the horses are moving to a new home on Saturday. 
It's a whirlwind of a few months, but honestly, you haven't really missed much in riding. Bailey feels more grown up in her brain, but continues to have good days and bad days with keeping a soft mouth (especially to the inside), truly going into the bridle, doing correct lateral work. It's a pity that she dearly loves a waterford or her new slow twist, and goes well in them - they aren't dressage legal and it sucks. We've jumped, we've dressaged. Foxie has gone back and forth between being in shape (before dog, when Drew could lunge her) and being a saggy older lady (current status). I'll have to see if anything from Wordpress is worth porting over; it's been cold and I've been so busy that I'm super low on photographic content, so the posts are probably ranty/wordy and low on interesting things to look at. 

Looking forward, get excited to witness me freaking out about moving my horses, hopefully doing a lot of XC schooling and looking forward to my first show of the season!



No comments:

Post a Comment