Tuesday, April 19, 2016

WE MOVED!


If the all capitals title doesn't get the message across, Bailey and Foxie have successfully made it to their new home over the weekend. Saturday was an intensely busy and stressful day; it was both vet day and moving day, and there was so. much. driving.

Shots went well, both mares are scoring 5's this year on body score, and I have one spring float and one fall float this time around. I'm not looking forward to the vet bill, but they are good to go for the season, which makes me happy.

All three mares loaded and trailered great, which made both J and I really happy. We tried to protect my trailer from scary city drivers, and no one died or rear ended my trailer, so I am also happy. I think anxiety ruled the day, because I was exhausted and just... done with everything even by the time we got my girls to the barn. Then I had to bag feed, get the girls settled... it felt like I had tons to do but at the same time, it probably wasn't all that much.

I did hack Bailey lightly after she ate dinner, before heading to my inlaws, and she was relatively good. She worked up some sweat, and stood nicely to be bathed. We checked on them on the way home from the inlaws later that evening and both mares had settled; Foxie hadn't touched much of her dinner, but Bailey had settled down and stopped stall walking, which was great! We hurried home to collect the pup from a long day of playing and all three of us, exhausted, actually almost managed to sleep in on Sunday. Almost.

And now, for what you actually care about. Here are some photos of our new digs!

Bailey's corner stall and my current tack area, with bonus friendly barn cat.
Yes, her door opens to the right... it's weird. 
That plastic box marks the future site of my tack locker. Can't wait!
BB in "Prison"
Foxie loves the hay at this place! Nom nom nom. 

I held off posting because I totally forgot to get media on Saturday. I had a great ride on Bailey yesterday - she doesn't seem to love her stall (aka she wants OUT) but she stood nicely to be tacked up, and looks great still. We rode out after some spur related shenanigans and hopped around and warmed up in the jumping arena, and then walked around the galloping track to the XC to play. We did some starter logs, an itty bitty ditch and then I discovered the banks. YES! We played up and down the banks, and Bailey gained a lot of confidence in a short ride. We eventually got brave and actually jumped some things that might have been BN height... but I didn't have my armor on, so I kept that to a minimum. We'll be back out to play on Wednesday - and this time, I'll have my spurs set and my armor on!

No comments:

Post a Comment