Friday, April 29, 2016

Favorite Things Fridays

I've decided, as of today, that I'm going to try to share a favorite thing every Friday. Partially because I like things, I like Fridays and I like reviewing products. And Partially because my blog is boring and maybe talking about things instead of my strugfest style issues will make people stick around and tolerate me :)

Lately, my mostest favoritest thing are my shaped saddle pads. I've been using my hunter one a ton recently, and I have been appreciating it's help in making me seem relatively normal, color coordinated and put together as we meet new people at the new barn.


Manufacturer: PRI, though Bit of Britain doesn't mention this on their new piped versions, my previous pads (green, white, black ordered from Bit of Britain a few years ago) are all labelled PRI. 

Details: 
  • BoB piped comes in Navy, Royal, Black, Red, White. Appears to be the Medium size. $59,95
  • VTO is now selling the plain unpiped version in Black, Red, Royal and Navy. Available only in medium. $46.95

For reference, here are the measurements of the pads I got from BoB:
Large - 24" spine, 20.5" drop
Medium - 22" spine, 20" drop (note, VTO is reporting drop is 19.5")

I'm not sure what happened to the large size , but that was a thing at one point, and it was great. Also, not sure where the hunter color went, but I would like it back. 

Pros: Really nicely made, thick and sturdy. These pads (in large, I haven't tried a medium) are the only off the shelf non-custom pads that fit my Courbette Vision Extra, so these are great for extra forward saddles. They also look pretty cool with dressage saddles. At ~50$, they're cheaper than the fancy sporty euro pads that the pros are using, but still have the cool eventer-y look. 

Cons: They really don't work well with my center agitator washer. Clearly, I need a different washer. Apparently doesn't come in hunter, or large any longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment