Friday, April 15, 2016

Spring Cleaning

GI wish I had media for this project, but I don't. My phone was dead, and honestly... I probably would have destroyed it judging how stubbornly disgusting my hands remain after multiple cleaning attempts.

Why are my hands gross?

Oh, because I cleaned my saddles yesterday. I did bridles about a week ago when I was all excited about the new noseband (photos to come, I promise) as well as martingales/breast collars, but totally ignored my saddles.

This bridle is clean, I swear. 

 I felt vindicated when I rode in my dressage saddle and it was so dusty in the indoor it was tan from dust. EW. But it was time to pretend I have my shit together so the new barn likes me take care of my beloved investments and clean off a winter's worth of dirt, dust and grime.

I also took the opportunity to do a deep clean on the Baron Von Trenck, which will be going on Ebay ASAP... though I have official husband approval to keep it if I can't get a decent price for it, so I won't be giving it away. I took some new photos for the ad, and just need to take some measurements/photos of that and I'll be ready to post it. It cleaned up nicely!

I'm currently using:

Plain glycerine soap - I'm not fully convinced this does much. But I've had the same bar since forever.
Passier Lederbaslam - Not as good as the conditioner I used before, but does the job. I like using it on my River boots because it buffs to a nice low key shine.
Effax Ledersoft - I'm not sure if this is great stuff, but the previously abused leather of my Vision and new leather seem to love it, and it works wonders on stiff flaps, billets and other bits and pieces. I was using Neetsfoot oil, but I really hated that...

I have been lusting, lately, after something new and wonderful to help get my tack cleaner and to make the process more enjoyable - I used to adore the conditioner I used, but now that I can't find it anywhere, I'm pretty ho-hum about my whole tack cleaning bucket. I want to get into the habit of keeping things cleaner, especially now that I'm planning to ride more regularly in my tall boots. So, blogland, what are your favorite tack cleaning products, conditioners and other "stuff"? What is your tack cleaning routine like? 

Happy Friday!

Gratuitous photo of pretty mare. 




No comments:

Post a Comment