Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tasty Tuesday: Stress Less Easy Chocolate Mousse

Because owning horses is stressful enough, I don't mess around with gelatin or other shit when I want some pure, rich, chocolatey goodness. I just want my chocolate, and I want it sooner, rather than later.

I tracked this recipe down after falling in love with corner store chocolate mousse cups while studying abroad in London, and have been making variations of it (hubby prefers I put melted peanut butter in his..) to the point that I don't really even whip out the recipe or measure. It's pretty good, even when  you "mess it up" and while I try to wait for it to set up a bit in the fridge... it's darn good straight out of the bowl, if a little runny.

Eggless Chocolate Mousse, courtesy of some weird French real estate site that I don't think is even up anymore.

Note: I think this makes like... 4 Ashley sized portions.

Ingredients for 6 people:
- 3.5 ounces (100 g) chocolate (dark, or semi sweet.)
- 5 ounces (150 ml) heavy (thick) cream
- 1 ounces (25 g) sugar (granulated is usually my go to, but powdered is probably better for consistency)


Recipe:

  • Break the chocolate into pieces and then melt it, using just enough heat to gently melt the chocolate (don't burn it, and definitely don't add the burned chocolate to the cream. Ask me how I know). Stir the chocolate with a wooden spoon as it is melting.
  • While the chocolate is melting, add the sugar to the cream and then whip the cream until it is foamy.
  • Once the chocolate is melted, "fold" in the whipped cream.
  • Spoon the mixture into attractive glasses. Place the glasses in a refrigerator for at least an hour before serving, to allow the chocolate to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment