Tuesday, January 3, 2017

This Must Be It, Welcome to the New Year

Looking back at 2016, there's a lot to be improved upon, and I hope I can live up to that in 2017. 2016 was a boring year event wise, yet I also am coming into it feeling like Bailey is a whole new horse. Maybe a quiet year of jumping solid things was just what she needed! Either way, I'm going to get back out there in 2017 and try to keep doing the best I can by my horses.

Looks weird, but cute chunk is cute

Foxie - Goals!

- Maintain fitness and riding schedule. Foxie must not be neglected. Her fitness, coat, and weight need to be maintained and kept in mind each time I'm at the barn, especially as we come into shedding season and during the particularly hot weeks of summer. 

- Work on improving her cold-backed habits with therapy products, riding/fitness and training in an attempt to make her a more other people friendly riding horse.

- Work on her rude ass self. No more running to her stall (and letting her do this is my problem) and no more being a non-participatory brat in general. Old horse is old, but not totally excused from polite behavior.

Bailey - Goals!

I'm going to steal formatting from JenJ over at Wyvern Oaks for this one, since my original format had me making goals out of "this is my plan". Planning to ride in the winter isn't a goal, Ashley. Gosh.

Absolute Must: 
1. School XC everywhere we can. Otter Creek is my #1 goal, but anywhere with solid fences is on the menu.
1a. Heavily school novice level questions at these schooling events.
2. Take at least one dressage lesson with favorite trainer (or someone else)
3. Audit clinics as schedule permits. Lessons would be good too, but cheap/free knowledge is the bomb.
4. Follow my current show plan, which is:

May 6 - Roebke's Run Schooling Show
June 4th - Carriage House Combined Test
September 9 - Roebke's Run Schooling Show

Lets do some more of this!

Hopefully Doable:

1. Show & Complete at least one BN at a USEA show.
2. Ride with a clinician locally.
3. Heavily school Novice and Training Level XC
4. Teach Bailey flying changes (resolve cross cantering at shows)

Really Crazy:
1. Move up to Novice. HAH.

Brb, peeing myself at the very thought. 


2 comments:

  1. Great goals all around!! I would love to do much of the same... But smaller heights with the new guy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We rocked around Starter for over a year before doing anything bigger... Baby horse Olympics time is the best :D I'm just tired of feeling like I'm holding my horse back with my own fears!

      Delete