Thursday, July 24, 2014

10. How do your family and friends feel about your riding?

I kind of live and breathe my sport, and it's been that way as long as I have been able to make it so. My parents are legitimately the best show parents on the planet - even though I am "grown up" my mom is there making sure we look pretty and my dad is still the head horse holder and whisperer. They let me live in their house rent free so I can keep my horses - seriously, they're the best. My mom seems to genuinely enjoy her time with the horses, though Bailey occasionally makes her nervous. My dad is actually on his way to hold the beasties for the farrier right now...

My friends have only known me as a horse person - this may sound weird but I haven't held on to a lot of childhood friends, so they really have only known me as an equestrian. As they are still speaking to me, I would say they've accepted the pony children. My siblings still probably think I'm weird but they are at least vaguely supportive so I cannot complain. No one in my life is saying "don't ride!" so I'm a happy girl.

So... yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment