Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 9

Any injuries you've gotten from riding


HAHAHAHAHA what do you mean, pony princesses get hurt riding their pretty prancy ponies? Never.


Pardon the nasty sarcasm, I'm not coping with life well  today and it's leeching into every thought I have. Ugh.

I have not yet fallen from B (*knocks wood ferociously*) but lord knows I had my share of fliers off of Foxie. The list of injuries includes:

1. A possibly dislocated and quickly... re? Located finger due to a rein wrapped around my finger on a bucking horse. I've also hit my nose in a similar situation, and chipped a tooth with my whip when I got bucked forward into my own hands.

2. Took a double barreled kick to my Left Thigh when I got between my horse and her paddock mate, approximately a billion years ago. Black bruise abounded for ~ 1.5 months.

3. Came off at a horse show in warm up (yay! I got to get back on and show) and blackened my left side, and had a puncture just below my lowest rib. Yes, again with the left side... I now have some lovely visible dents in my thigh muscle from the amount of trauma it has received. People at work asked if I was being beaten at home. I won a Romfh contest telling them that I adored their show shirts because blood washes out of them. It was delightful.

4. Knee caps have met many jump standards, trees and other hard objects.

5. Two nasty head injuries - one when a horse tried to whap me out of the way when leaving his stall to go out one morning (I beat him back into the stall, closed the door, and lost track of time for a bit/saw stars) and one when I hit my head on the arena kick boards and then stubbornly drove myself back to school in a snow storm. At least, I hope it was snowing.

6. Crazy nasty rope burn after my young horse bolted backwards off the trailer as I walked forward (and stupidly wrapped the lunge around my hand) to put up the butt bar. Cue more adrenalin fed hollering and yanking before wrapping hands in vet wrap and making the damn horse load, and then lots of crying and shaking.

Other than that, not a whole lot of bad has happened. I fight hard to stay on, and when I do come off I at least try not to hit anything solid. I did, however, say "try".

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment