Monday, July 21, 2014

5,6,7....

Day 5:

The last time you rode your horse, and what you did:

Day 5 would have been Saturday, and lucky for my ponies,  they both got worked on Saturday morning. Bailey had her usual weekend jump school and tackled this exercise I found on the internet:


We actually jumped the diagonal fences straight, because we're GD eventers, thank you very much and the center vertical was hanging out around 2'9-2'11, so it actually was a challenge for Miss B. She was more energetic than she has been (she showed just last weekend for the first time) but I'm still appraising her fitness as I know we need to do some boot camp before our next event. The head toss from one of our previous lessons was back, even though I made sure to give her a generous, conscious release rather than doing auto releases with soft fingers. Hopefully she was just feeling like a badass, and isn't totally pissed at me for steering. 

Foxie had a short work out as it turned out they needed to move my horse trailer to accommodate a driveway repair. This, of course, required me to get off my horse and by the time we got the thing moved and dislodged from the hitch (I HATE putting my rig on other people's trucks FOR A REASON) it wasn't worth trying to ride. Saturday mornings at the barn are also a hot mess, so we will be avoiding them in the future. 

Day 6:

Your Most Accomplished Horse

My most accomplished horse is Miss Fox, but I have a feeling her career will be quickly eclipsed by her sister, Bailey. Foxie won us the Grand Champion title at our home schooling show our first year together, and has a box of ribbons from our Jumper days. She pinned at two trials during her eventing career, as well, and was schooling lovely dressage and 3' courses / Training XC before her injury. 


Good kid.

Day 7: 

Your Best Ribbon

Goodness! Every ribbon has been a wonderful experience, and even not ribboning with Bailey at her last show left me weeping with joy after our stadium round - I was just that proud of her. 

The best one in my memory, however, was Foxie and I's 6th place finish at Roebke's Run Fall Horse Trials in 2011. This was the first trial I went to 100% without a coach (previously, my coach had done a lot of ignoring me, but alas, things happen) and the first trial Foxie completed. 


So happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment